The Lee County Sheriff’s Office shared some tips with WINK News about how to keep your family safe on Halloween.
For families who plan on allowing their kids to trick or treat:
- Children should wear bright costumes and carry a flashlight or glow sticks.
- Only go to homes with a porch light on.
- Never go into a car to receive a treat.
- Trick or Treat in groups (for older children) or with a responsible adult.
- Use sidewalks and look both ways before crossing into busy streets.
- Children should refrain from eating candy until an adult can check for hidden sharp items.
For a full list of Halloween safety tips from law enforcement, watch the video below or find follow the Lee County Sheriff’s Office on social media.