Trial set to start for Marian Williams accused in homicide of three children

A 49-year-old woman accused of killing three boys is set to face a jury next week.

Marian Williams is accused of burning down the Arcadia home of the three little boys while they were inside in 2017.

The Clark children: 10-year-old old Marcus, 8-year-old Kiani and Kemaren, 4, were staying with their grandfather Arnold Mele, who is Williams’ ex.

Mele and his new girlfriend at the time were in the home. Mele suffered burns in his attempts to save his grandchildren.

Williams is set for trial on Monday. The state wants the death penalty because it believes Williams started the fire on purpose.

The trial will start with jury selection. Possible jurors will be asked questions ranging from what city they live in, to how much they know about the case.

They will also be asked about the death penalty.

Police said Williams previously attacked the children’s grandfather. She was arrested and bonded out.

And then set the home on fire.

The boys’ family previously said the trial was important.

“Whatever they do it’s not going to bring them back,” one family member said. “We will still have this pain.”

Reporter:Andrea Guerrero
Do you see a typo or an error? Let us know.
SHARE