NCH Healthcare System to resume elective procedures on Monday
Citing the continuing decline in COVID hospitalizations, NCH announced they will resume elective surgeries on Monday, September 27th.
Those who may have been recently impacted by the closure of elective surgeries can contact their doctor’s office to inquire about getting on the schedule for a procedure that may have been postponed.
Friday at NCH Hospitals, they report the following COVID stats:
- The COVID positivity rate for the last 7 days for Collier County is 12.3%.
- The COVID positivity rate for the last 7 days at NCH is 10.62%.
- NCH is currently caring for a total of 474 patients between their two hospitals.
- Of that number, they are caring for 107 patients who tested positive for COVID.
- Of that number, 79 patients, or approximately 74%, are unvaccinated.
- Of that number, 31 patients are in critical care with COVID.
- NHC is at 104% critical care capacity with 49 of 47 beds filled.
- Of that number, 20 patients are on ventilators.
- Patient ages range from 9-97 with a median age of 66.
- There are 2 pediatric patients admitted with COVID.
To date at NCH, they have had 330 admitted patient deaths due to COVID-19 since the onset of the pandemic. This does not account for COVID deaths for patients who may have been discharged home with Hospice who subsequently passed after leaving the hospital or in nursing homes.