Visitations to return on Thursday at NCH after COVID-19 cases drop
The NCH Healthcare System has announced they will once again allow visitors on Thursday after a drop in COVID-19 patients.
NCH is caring for a total of 114 COVID-19 patients in both hospitals. Of these, 82 patients or 72% are unvaccinated. Of that number, 37 patients are in critical care with COVID. The hospital system is at 34% capacity with 63 of 47 beds filled. Of that number, 24 patients are on vents.
Patients range from 14 to 97 years old. Two of them are pediatrics patients.
NCH said 328 patients have died due to COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic.
Virtual visits will remain in place for COVID-19 patients as well as the Emergency Department, unless the patient is a minor
Other rules include:
- General Units: 12 to 6 p.m., 1 visitor per patient at a time
- Critical Care: 12 to 1 p.m. and 5 to 6 p.m., 1 visitor per patient at a time
- Brookdale Rehabilitation: 12 to 6 p.m.
- Behavioral Health (4SE): 5 to 6 p.m.
- Birthplace & NICU: All Hours, 1 visitor at a time, must be 18years or older
- Pediatrics: All Hours, parents and guardians, 18 years or older
Visitors are required to wear a hospital-supplied face mask for the entire time on campus and during patient visitation. Visitors are encouraged to limit their visits to the patient’s room and refrain from stopping in other departments. Common gathering rooms, such as family waiting rooms, remain closed. The cafeteria is available to visitors in need of a meal or snack where dining restrictions will apply.