NCH visitor hours to expand starting Wednesday
Due to the recent decline in COVID-19 hospitalizations, NCH is expanding its visitor hours at both NCH Baker and NCH North Naples hospitals starting Wednesday, according to a press release.
Visiting hours will begin at 9 a.m. and end at 6 p.m. daily. Additionally, patients will be allowed two visitors at a time for general and critical care areas. The following visitation guidelines will remain in place:
- All visitors to the hospital must practice social distancing and will be required to complete a screening process and sanitize their hands with alcohol-based gel before visitation.
- No visitation is allowed for anyone who has respiratory symptoms including coughing, runny nose, fever, congestion, shortness of breath, chest pain with inspiration.
- Individuals who are ill, have fever, or have been exposed to COVID-19 should refrain from visiting.
- All visitors are required to wear a hospital supplied face mask at all times while on the campus. Visitors who violate this policy may be asked to leave the facility.
- To reduce the risk of spreading a contagious disease, COVID-19 patients or patients requiring airborne precautions are restricted to compassionate care visitation only.
- General visitation is limited to two visitors per patient at a time.
- Visitation is limited to the patient’s room. Common gathering rooms such as family rooms and surgical waiting areas are not available at this time. Visitors are not allowed in the cafeteria.
- No visitors under the age of 12.
The NCH website contains more details on visitor policies.
The press release says NCH Healthcare System continues to collaborate with and follow the guidance of local, state, and government officials and will continue to review COVID-19 rates on an ongoing basis to determine if the need for a change to our visitation policy is required.