Wanted Fort Myers sex offender arrested in Rhode Island

A registered sex offender from Fort Myers twice accused of sexually assaulting a minor has been arrested in Rhode Island after being on the run for over a week.

Kyndall Tyree Hutchins, 33, was arrested Thursday morning by U.S. Marshals in a hotel in Warwick just south of Providence, Rhode Island. Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers said Hutchins was found with a woman and young child at the time of his arrest. Warwick was also found after a tip was submitted, the organization said.

Investigators from the U.S. Marshals Florida/Caribbean Regional Fugitive Task Force developed information that  Hutchins was possibly headed to Providence, according to a news release by the Rhode Island Violent Fugitive Task Force.

The information was forwarded to U.S. Marshals in Rhode Island who searched for Hutchins.

He was transported to the Rhode Island State Police Headquarters for processing, the release said.

Authorities began looking for Hutchins after he missed a scheduled Feb. 17 hearing, where the victim’s mother previously said he was expected to take a plea deal.

Authorities said he took off his GPS monitor before fleeing town.

Hutchins is accused of sexually assaulting an underage co-worker in August 2020. A registered sexual offender, Hutchins was released on $30,000 bail shortly after his arrest. Hutchins was designated a sex offender for a 2007 crime where he forced a 15-year-old to have sex with him. He was 20 years old at the time.

His attempt at escape this time around left his victim and her mother frightened.

The mother of the victim was relieved to hear he was caught.

“I screamed ‘they got him!’ I just screamed to everyone in my house they got him, they got him, they got him,'” the victim’s mother told WINK News on Thursday.

WINK News does not identify victims of sexual assault.

The alleged assault took place at a restaurant on Pine Island Road. An underage employee was walking in the parking lot when Hutchins told her to wait for him. Hutchins told deputies he wanted to accompany the girl for her safety, but instead he is accused of assaulting her while she was on the phone with her mother.

The victim told co-workers she was shocked by what was happening with Hutchins and was too scared to tell him to stop.

Hutchins admitted to being with the victim, but not assaulting her, even telling deputies to take his DNA because it would exonerate him, his arrest report shows.

However, Hutchins did admit to sending sexually explicit messages to his co-worker.

The victim’s mother spoke up about the crime, begging the public for information that could lead to Hutchins’ arrest.

“I knew somebody knew something,” she said. “I just needed them to come forward and I thank God that they did. God bless them because now my daughter feels safe again and she’s going to get the justice that she deserves.”

The victim’s mother said she hopes the state attorney’s office scraps the plea deal. She said she wants him to face a jury.

Once he is returned to Florida, he will be held without bond.

“We can breathe again,” she said.

Trust WINK News for updates.

Reporter:Dannielle Garcia
Writer:Melissa Montoya
Do you see a typo or an error? Let us know.