A trailer ravaged by fire in Punta Gorda. Credit: Charlotte County Fire and EMS

Fire destroys Punta Gorda trailer home

A fire burned through a Punta Gorda trailer home while its owner was away Monday morning.

At 5:40 a.m. the Charlotte County Fire Department received a call about a possible fire on Marion Avenue. Upon arrival, firefighters found the trailer engulfed in flames. Command immediately set up a defensive operation.

Westbound Marion Avenue was closed for a short time because of fire hoses laying across the road while multiple engines fought the blaze.

There were no injuries, as the homeowner lives in Canada and no one else was in the home when the fire started. The fire was under control by 5:56 a.m. and extinguished by 6:14. a.m.

According to the fire department, it appears the fire started as an accident due to an electrical issue.

Writer:Joey Pellegrino
Do you see a typo or an error? Let us know.
SHARE