Suspect facing murder charges in Englewood home invasion that left 2 dead

A suspect in an Englewood home invasion that left two people dead in November, including a suspected co-conspirator, is now facing charges of first- and second-degree murder.

The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office said Monday that the State Attorney’s Office is pursuing the charges against Bradley Scheuerer, 31, for his role in the targeted home invasion burglary that happened Nov. 9 at a home on Turner Street.

The sheriff’s office said that Scheuerer and a second suspect, Jonathon Robinson, 27, entered the victim’s home to steal equipment used to manufacture marijuana wax (also known as DAB or BHO, butane hash oil), a highly concentrated form of THC. Scheuerer was a known acquaintance of the victim, with whom he’d recently had a falling out over the sale of the substance, and had been described as acting erratic.

According to CCSO interviews, a woman inside the home was lying on the couch when Robinson stood over her and said they were there to rob them, not hurt them. A man in the master bedroom heard the noise and emerged to fight with the suspect. The fight left both Robinson and the male victim with fatal wounds.

Scheuerer was seen near the home before escaping the area in a rental van, leaving Robinson behind.

Deputies responding to a 911 call arrived to find the bodies of both the victim and Robinson.

Scheuerer was arrested by the St. Petersburg Police Department on charges of attempted armed robbery and burglary battery. He was transferred days later to the Charlotte County Jail, where he remains.

The name of the male victim will not be released due to Marsy’s Law.

Writer:WINK News
Do you see a typo or an error? Let us know.
SHARE