Lee County to open cold-weather shelter
Lee County will open a shelter Friday and Saturday nights for those who need a warm place to sleep as temperatures dip into the low 40s.
The county will also be distributing blankets, hand-warmers, socks and hot coffee at or near the LeeTran stops listed below, and free transportation will be provided by LeeTran and Centerstone if a homeless person accepts a sheltering offer. This will begin between 5 and 6 p.m. Friday and will be repeated Saturday.
- Lions Park – 2550 Cleveland Ave., Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Fort Myers Regional Library – 2450 First St., Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Rosa Parks Bus Terminal – 2250 Widman Way, Fort Myers, FL 33919
- Edison Mall Bus Terminal – 4125 Cleveland Ave., Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Cape Coral Transfer Center – Cape Coral, FL 33904
- Vacant Shopping Plaza at US-41 and Hancock Bridge Pkwy.
- Fort Myers Beach Transfer Station
- Schandler Hall – 419 Florence Ave., Fort Myers, FL 33905
An additional shelter will be open at the Bob Janes Triage Center, 2789 Ortiz Ave., Building K.