The School District of Lee County will continue offering multiple instructional models
After a recent executive order from Governor DeSantis, the School District of Lee County has announced they will continue offering multiple instruction models throughout the school year.
The Florida Department of Education is tasked with keeping brick & mortar schools open. But, parents will be given the opportunity to choose the best option for their child.
The executive order also says that parents can make changes now instead of waiting until the end of the semester.
Parents and guardians of children currently enrolled in face-to-face learning can choose to switch to Lee Home Connect or Lee Virtual School:
- The move to Lee Home Connect will be effective January 11, 2021
- The move to Lee Virtual School will be effective February 1, 2021
Parents and guardians whose child is currently enrolled in Lee Home Connect can choose to switch to face-to-face learning or Lee Virtual School:
- The move to face-to-face learning will be effective on January 11, 2021
- The move to Lee Virtual School will be effective on February 1, 2021
If your child is currently enrolled in Lee Virtual School you can choose to enroll them in Lee Home Connect of face-to-face instruction:
- Both Lee Home Connect and face-to-face instruction will be effective on February 1, 2021
There are some things to consider if you will be switching your child’s instructional model. If a parent or guardian is considering switching to Lee Home Connect or Lee Virtual School, they should consider that their child’s teacher and/or class schedule could change. If you’re considering making the switch to face-to-face instruction here are a few reminders:
- The district says social distancing will be limited, as face-to-face enrollment has increased
- Masks are required for face-to-face instruction
- Your child’s teacher could change
- Your child’s class schedule could change
If you do want to go through with switching your children’s instructional model, you must do so by 5 p.m. on December 13. If you do not wish to make a change, no further action is needed.