Collier County extends summer food service program
You now have more options to feed your children: Collier County schools are extending their summer food service program.
Starting Monday, Sept. 14, free meals will be provided each weekday to children 18 and under. The meals are available for both in-person and virtual students. All schools will have a curbside line for pickup. The program will run through Dec. 18.
For children not currently attending school in person:
- All schools will have a curbside line.
- Children 18 and under may use any curbside line to receive a breakfast and lunch.
- Curbside meals will be distributed each weekday.
- Curbside serving times are as follows:
- High Schools: 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- Elementary Schools: 8:30-9 a.m.
- Middle Schools: 9:30-10 a.m.
- Everglades City School: 9:30-10 a.m.
Parents/guardians may pick up meals without their child being present provided they have a form of their child’s ID, such as a student ID badge, birth certificate, passport, government-issued child ID card, social security card or any document proving parent/guardian identity and relationship to the child.
Curbside meals will also be offered on virtual learning days for students, which are Sept. 18 and Oct. 30 as listed on the CCPS Academic School Calendar.