Lee County high schools to hold in-person graduations at Hertz Arena
The Class of 2020 will pick up their diplomas in person at Hertz Arena on the weekends of July 17-19 and July 24-26.
The Lee County School District says holding graduation in one venue over two weekends will save the district almost $40,000 from the original plan to use two arenas.
The new graduation schedule is as follows:
Friday, July 17
- Ida Baker High School – 10 a.m.
- North Fort Myers High School – 2:30 p.m.
- Lehigh Senior High School – 7 p.m.
Saturday, July 18
- Estero High School – 10 a.m.
- Riverdale High School – 2:30 p.m.
- Fort Myers High School – 7 p.m.
Sunday, July 19
- East Lee County High School – 2:30 p.m.
- South Fort Myers High School – 7:00 p.m0
Friday, July 24
- Cypress Lake High School – 10 a.m.
- Dunbar High School – 7 p.m.
Saturday, July 25
- Mariner High School – 10 a.m.
- Cape Coral High School – 7 p.m.
Sunday, July 26
- Island Coast High School – 2:30 p.m.
Lee County School District says due to social distancing guidelines, each graduate will be provided two tickets for family members or guests to attend the ceremony.
Health screening questions will be asked of everyone entering Hertz Arena. Graduates will head straight to their seats on the arena floor while guests will be directed to the seating sections open for the ceremony. Diplomas will be handed out on stage with health precautions in place. At the end of the ceremony, graduates will leave first and guests are expected to meet them at their car to avoid large clusters of people outside the arena.
Standard security procedures at Hertz Arena will also be enforced.
- Metal detectors in use at each entrance
- Only clear bags are allowed inside, no bags are preferred
- Flowers and gifts are not allowed inside the ceremony
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided, and the restrooms will be open
- There is no re-entry allowed
- Mask for guests are optional
Lee Virtual School will hold its in-person graduation ceremony Friday, July 24 at 2:00 PM in the Caloosahatchee Room of the Lee County Public Education Center.