Child found in Fort Myers hotel room during drug bust
A tip led to a big drug bust at a Fort Myers hotel where a child was also found in the room.
Police executed a search at the Hyatt Place Hotel at 2600 Champion Ring Rd., Tuesday afternoon, after a previous call for service. Hotel management wanted to evict the occupants after a tip that the occupants were selling marijuana.
A search of the room yielded the following items:
- 36 vacuum-sealed bags of suspect marijuana weighing approx. 11.65 pounds (located in a suitcase and UPS Shipping box);
- 140 retail packages of “Nerds” marijuana candy edibles (each package labeled to contain 500mg of THC);
- 8 small retail packaged marijuana candy edibles weighing 104.3 grams.
- 33 grams of marijuana wax;
- 3 glass jars containing marijuana wax;
- Digital scale and numerous packages typically used to package edible marijuana candy for retail sale;
- $7,444.00 in U.S. currency seized, pending civil forfeiture;
- Marijuana wax diffuser; and
- Multiple laptops and cellular phones.
Police arrested Adam Castro, 28, on charges of possession of marijuana with intent to sell, possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell and possession of drug paraphernalia. He also had a warrant out of Colorado for drug possession, police said.
The Department of Children and Families was contacted due to the child living in the room with Castro and his girlfriend.