Lee, Collier, Charlotte school districts will continue providing meals to students during break
The extended spring break is not stopping Southwest Florida school districts from feeding your children.
Lee, Collier DeSoto and Charlotte counties will serve free meals to all children 18 years old or younger.
The School District of Lee County’s Food and Nutrition Services department continues to serve “Grab & Go” meals at numerous local District schools.
The meals will be available for pick-up between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at the following schools:
- West Zone
- Cape Coral Elementary
- Patriot Elementary
- Hector Cafferata Elementary
- Tropic Isles Elementary
- North Fort Myers Academy for the Arts
- Pelican Elementary
- Pine Island Elementary
- Mariner High School
- South Zone
- Allen Park Elementary
- James Stephens Int’l Academy
- Ray V Pottorf Elementary
- San Carlos Park Elementary
- Pinewoods Elementary
- Bonita Springs Elementary
- Heights Elementary
- Villas Elementary
- Colonial Elementary
- Fort Myers Middle Academy
- Franklin Park Elementary
- East Zone
- The Alva School
- Orange River Elementary
- Manatee Elementary
- Mirror Lakes Elementary
- Lehigh Acres Elementary
- Tortuga Preserve Elementary
- Riverhall Elementary
- Gateway Elementary
- Edgewood Academy
- Sunshine Elementary
- Veterans Park Academy for the Arts
- Tice Elementary
Several School District community partners are also opening to provide “Grab & Go” Meals March 23rd to the 27th between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. These include:
- Stars Complex – 2980 Edison Ave. Fort Myers, FL 33916
- Pine Manor Improvement – 5546 Ninth Ave. Fort Myers, FL 33907
- Boys and Girls Renaissance – 1623 Joust St. Fort Myers, FL 33916
- Super Kids Club Cypress Lake – 8260 Cypress Lake Dr. Fort Myers, FL 33919
- Boys and Girls Club of Pueblo Bonita – 26095 Milagro Ln. Bonita Springs, FL 34135
- Wesley Super Kids Club – 4141 Deleon St. Fort Myers, FL 33901
- YMCA of Lee County (Royal Palm) – 1360 Royal Palm Square Blvd. Fort Myers, FL 33919
For more information and updates on these locations, click here.
If you need time to view the schedule of when meals will be served you can visit the Lee County information page here.
Charlotte County will be offering free breakfast and lunch to students under 18 years old from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. through April 15.
Food will be available for pickup curbside at the parent pickup area of 10 county schools.
Please note there will be no pickup on Good Friday, April 10.
The child must be present in order to pick up the meals. Also, those meals will not be monitored for allergies by Champ’s Cafe, so if your child has a food allergy, you are fully responsible for making sure your child does not eat something that could make them sick.
The meals can be picked up at the following locations:
- Baker Center
- East Elementary
- Punta Gorda Middle
- Peace River Elementary
- Neil Armstrong Elementary
- Deep Creek Elementary
- Liberty Elementary
- Port Charlotte High (bus ramp)
- LA Ainger Middle
- Myakka River Elementary
If you have any additional questions, please call Champ’s Cafe at 941-575-5400 ext. 109.
You can find the Charlotte County information page here.
IF YOU FEEL SICK:
The Florida Department of Health has opened a 24-hour COVID-19 Call Center at 1-866-779-6121. Questions may also be emailed to [email protected] Email responses will be sent during call center hours.
*The map is best viewed on a desktop computer. If you don’t see the map above tap HERE for a fullscreen version.