Army Corps seeks public input on EAA southern reservoir project
Now is your chance to weigh in on improving our water quality and the releases from Lake Okeechobee.
As the Army Corps of Engineers works to finalize plans for the Everglades Agricultural Area (EAA) Southern Reservoir, they want to hear from the public.
Right now, the Corps’ plan calls for reducing Lake O releases to the St. Lucie and Caloosahatchee estuaries by redirecting much of it to the south through the Everglades.
You have until February 24th to share your opinion.
The purpose of the project is to improve quantity, quality, timing and distribution of water flows to the Northern Estuaries, Water Conservation Area 3, Everglades National Park, and Florida Bay while increasing water supply for municipal, industrial and agricultural users to a greater extent than would be accomplished in the Central Everglades Planning Project authorized in 2016.
The plan would change the authorized Central Everglades Planning Project to achieve these benefits by reducing Lake Okeechobee water management releases to the St. Lucie and Caloosahatchee estuaries by redirecting approximately 370,000 acre-feet of water on an average annual basis south through the Greater Everglades.
You can send comments via email to [email protected] or by mail to:
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Jacksonville District
ATTN: Andrew LoSchiavo
701 San Marco Boulevard
Jacksonville, Florida 32207-8175
Read all documents related to this project: Central and Southern Florida, Everglades Agricultural Area- Environmental Impact Statement
- Final EIS
- Appendix A, USFWS Coordination
- Appendix B, CZMA
- Appendix C, Pertinent Correspondence
- Appendix D, 404b1 eval.
- Annex A, Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act, ESA
- Annex B, WRDA 2000 Analysis and Florida State Law
- Annex C, Draft Project Operating Manual
- Annex D, Adaptive Management and Monitoring Plans
- Annex E, Technical Reviews
- Annex F, Phosphorus
- Annex G, Invasive and Nuisance Species
- Annex H, Hazardous, Toxic, and Radioactive Waste
- Annex G-1, Core Boring Logs
- Annex G-1, Geological Investigations
- Appendix A, Engineering
- Appendix B, Cost Estimate
- Appendix C, Environmental and Cultural Resources
- Appendix D, Real Estate
- Appendix E, Plan Formulation Screening
- Appendix F, Recreation
- Appendix G, Benefit Model
- SFWMD Main Report
- Annex B, Water Quality Model
- Annex C, Updated Engineering