Allegiant adds non-stop flights from Punta Gorda to 5 new cities
Allegiant Tuesday announced five new nonstop routes to Punta Gorda Airport (PGD), including: Charleston, South Carolina; Elmira, New York; Memphis, Tennessee; Norfolk, Virginia; and Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
“We’re thrilled to announce such a major expansion in southwest Florida,” said Drew Wells, Allegiant vice president of planning and revenue. “This beautiful area is one of the most sought-after Allegiant destinations, and now even more travelers can enjoy all it has to offer.”
The new seasonal routes to Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) include:
- Elmira, New York via Elmira Corning Regional Airport (ELM) – beginning November 13, 2019 with fares as low as $69.*
- Charleston, South Carolina via Charleston International Airport (CHS) – beginning November 14, 2019 with fares as low as $49*
- Memphis, Tennessee via Memphis International Airport (MEM) – beginning November 15, 2019 with fares as low as $59.*
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota via Sioux Falls Regional Airport (FSD) – beginning November 15, 2019 with fares as low as $59.*
- Norfolk, Virginia via Norfolk International Airport (ORF) – beginning November 14, 2019 with fares as low as $54.*
The new nonstop routes will operate twice weekly and will bring nearly 29,000 passengers to the Punta Gorda area annually, contributing to visitor spending in the local economy. Flight days, times and the lowest fares can be found only at Allegiant.com.
“The addition of five new Allegiant destinations is outstanding news for our local community and economy,” said Charlotte County Airport Authority Chair, Pamella Seay. “As PGD’s partnership with Allegiant has grown, so have the exciting travel and tourism opportunities for southwest Floridians.”
Allegiant offers a unique option to Punta Gorda-bound travelers with low base airfare and savings on rental cars and hotels. Travelers can book their entire vacation with Allegiant for less.
To celebrate, the company is offering one-way fares on the new routes as low as $49.
*Here’s the details about the introductory one-way fares:
Seats and dates are limited and fares are not available on all flights. Flights must be purchased by Aug. 14, 2019, for travel by May 12, 2020. Price displayed includes taxes, carrier charges & government fees. Fare rules, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice. Optional baggage charges and additional restrictions may apply. For more details, optional services and baggage fees, please visit Allegiant.com.