Igloo recalls coolers after child is locked in
Igloo is recalling eight of its cooler models after an incident in South Florida.
A family said their child decided it would be fun to hide in a cooler outside. Caught on surveillance, the child is in the cooler, and the top drops and locks.
The family reached out to Igloo to report the incident.
The company issued a voluntary recall of several models due to a stainless-steel latch that could “inadvertently close where a person could potentially become locked inside.”
Igloo said it’s sending consumers a latch replacement kit for the recalled products.
Products being recalled:
- Igloo® Marine Elite 72 quart; Item #00049375
- Igloo® Marine Elite 54 quart; Item #00049374
- Igloo® Marine Elite 94 quart; Item #00049574
- Igloo® Marine Elite 110 quart; Item #00034108
Igloo also recalled its products purchased through West Marine stores:
- Igloo® Marine Elite 72 quart; Item #00044476
- Igloo® Marine Elite 128 quart; Item #00044479
- Igloo® Marine Elite 94 quart; Item #00044478
- Igloo® Marine Elite 162 quart; Item #00044480