Cape Coral man found guilty of raping two women in 2015
CAPE CORAL, Fla. A 29-year-old man was found guilty Wednesday of violently raping two women in 2015, according to the state attorney’s office.
Chunsi William Vines, of Cape Coral, was accused of responding to ads placed by women on a Backpage website, the state attorney’s office said.
One of the victims agreed to meet Vines at a home for sale in August 2015, the state attorney’s office said. Vines raped the woman, threatened her with weapons and threatened to drown her.
The victim was able to escape through a window while Vines was filling a bathtub with water, the state attorney’s office said.
A second woman came forward after hearing about Vines’ arrest, the state attorney’s office said. The woman had been attacked and raped in May 2015.
Vines threatened her with weapons and tried to drown her in a pool, but she was able to cut through a screen to get to safety, the state attorney’s office said.
Vines was found guilty of sexual battery by threatening to use force or violence, kidnapping and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
He could face up to life in prison when he is sentenced on Nov. 28.