Collier County schools approve hurricane makeup days
NAPLES, Fla. Collier County schools approved a plan to make up days lost to Hurricane Irma.
The school board voted unanimously Tuesday evening on the proposal to make the following changes to the 2017-2018 academic school calendar:
- Scheduled days off on Oct. 16 and Oct. 17 become regular school days.
- Nov. 10 becomes regular school day.
- Dec. 20 and Dec. 21 become early dismissal days.
- Jan. 15 becomes regular school day.
- A scheduled off day for Presidents Day on Feb. 19 becomes a regular school day.
- A teacher planning day on March 9 becomes a school day with students in class.
The final calendar was posted on Facebook:
Lee County would make up six days in the proposal it plans to vote on Oct. 3.