FEMA encouraging online signups for aid
FORT MYERS, Fla. You don’t have to leave home to register for FEMA aid.
All Southwest Floridians are eligible for assistance from FEMA, and anyone can begin the signup process at DisasterAssistance.gov and by downloading this form. Registration can also take place by phone at 1-800-621-3362 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week.
Have the following information handy when you sign up.
- Social Security number
- Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address)
- Current mailing address
- Current telephone number
- Insurance information
- Total household annual income
- Routing and account number for your checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into your bank account).
- A description of your disaster-caused damage and losses
Representatives from the agency will be at the following locations for those who prefer in-person help:
- Immokalee High School, 701 W. Immokalee Drive, Immokalee
- Montura Ranch Estate Clubhouse on 255 N. Hacienda St., Clewiston
- MarGood Harbor Park, 321 Peartree Ave., Marco Island
- Fire Station 60, 201 Buckner Ave. N., Everglades City
Staff from Sen. Marco Rubio’s office will assist with signups from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday at the RCMA Immokalee Community School, 123 N. Fourth St. in Immokalee
FEMA also conducts Operation Blue Roof, which provides temporary plastic sheeting for damaged properties. Homeowners must sign a Right of Entry form to allow government employees and contractors onto their property to assess damage and install the temporary covering.
Those forms will be available at the following locations:
- From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 2800 North Horseshoe Drive in Naples and at 8040 Dani Drive in Lowe’s Home Improvement in Fort Myers.
- From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily until Oct. 13 on 1030 Industrial Drive, Moore Haven.
FEMA Disaster Relief Assistance teams can assist people beginning at 9 a.m. at Montura Ranch Estates at 106 Ave Del Club in Clewiston and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Murdock Carrousel Shopping Center, 2000 Tamiami Trail in Port Charlotte.
Call 1-888-ROOF-BLU for more information. And for more information about the help FEMA can and can’t provide, see the agency’s rumor control page.