Power still out to more than 355,730 in SWFL
FORT MYERS, Fla. More than 355,730 people are still without power across Southwest Florida.
Power is expected to be restored by Sept. 22 to most FPL customers, the company announced Tuesday. Below is the number of FPL customers without power as of 6:00 p.m. Wednesday in each Southwest Florida county:
- Charlotte County: 39,380 customers (35 percent of all customers)
- Collier County: 155,760 customers (74 percent of all customers)
- DeSoto County: 6,600 customers (40 percent of all customers)
- Glades County: 1,680 customers (49 percent of all customers)
- Hendry County: 8,140 customers (84 percent of all customers)
- Highlands County: 120 customers (20 percent of all customers)
- Lee County: 144,050 customers (55 percent of all customers)
FPL officials gave a briefing at 11:30 a.m. to address recovery efforts. WINK News livestreamed it on Facebook:
As of 6 p.m. Wednesday, 105,115 Lee County Electric Cooperative customers were without power, the company said. Power has been restored to 109,733 customers.
Here are the outage numbers for LCEC customers by area:
There are 616 Peace River Electric Cooperative customers without power in DeSoto County (63.4 percent of all customers) and 373 without power in Highlands County (97.4 percent of all customers), the company said at 10:25 a.m. Wednesday.