3 carbon monoxide alarms deemed ‘safety risk’ by Consumer Reports

FORT MYERS, Fla. (CONSUMER REPORTS) An estimated 148 people in the United States die each year from accidental exposure to carbon monoxide produced by consumer products such as gas furnaces and ranges.

While carbon monoxide alarms are meant to provide protection, there are certain alarms that could put your family at risk.

Three similar-looking off-brand alarms failed Consumer Reports’ failed critical performance tests: the Foho YJ-806, the GoChange 882 LCD and the NetBoat WB H3110061.

Click here for more information regarding these alarms and what labels to look for.

Reporter:Lauren Sweeney