Investigation underway after fire at Fort Myers Beach
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. — Flames scorched the bar area of a rental property complex early Wednesday morning, according to the Fort Myers Beach Fire Control District.
Twenty firefighters were dispatched at 1:53 a.m. to Anchor Inn Cottages on 285 Virginia Ave. The flames were extinguished in about 10 minutes, according to Fire Chief Matt Love.
The bar area sustained damage but the building was not affected, according to Love.
“[It’s] not a total loss to the building, there’s some laundry facilities and some workshops it’s mainly a loss to the bar area which is next the pool, that area is a total loss,” Love said.
Electrical issues sparked the blaze, according to the fire department.
No further information was immediately available.