CCPD: 3 found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning

CAPE CORAL, Fla. – A married couple, their child and a family dog died in a home on the 2600 block of NE 2 Avenue from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Cape Coral Police Department.

Amanda Florea, 30, Eric Florea, 36, and their 4-year-old son were discovered in the home by a relative, police said.

A second child survived, neighbors said.

Police say Amanda Florea committed suicide by leaving both family cars running in the closed garage, where she was found. Eric Florea and the 4-year-old were “likely unintentionally poisoned” when the carbon monoxide gas entered the home, police added.

Police began investigating Sunday afternoon and a woman was seen crying near a home on the street.

The family had been in the home for less than two months, neighbors said, and police were a regular sight at their home. Neighbors Vanesa and Matthew Baker said they are shocked.

“We are trying to wrap out brains around it,” they said. “That’s the hardest part is knowing one of the kids is one of the ones that passed.”



Do you see a typo or an error? Let us know.