Let’s Eat: Bonefish Grill
Blackened Fish and Shrimp w/ Citrus Aioli
- 2 each 7 oz Fish Fillets (Grouper, Redfish, or Cobia work well)
- 6 each 16/20 count Shrimp, Peeled and deveined with tail on
- 2 each Bamboo Skewers, 8” long
- 1 TBSP Blackening Spice
- Pinch of Sea Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 5 Spritz of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Lemon, Cut in half
- 2 TBSP Citrus Aioli
- 1. Fire up the grill to 400°F.
- 2. Place the fish and shrimp on a flat tray.
- 3. Place three shrimp on each skewer through the thick, head end. (This will make them easier to handle)
- 4. Sprinkle both sides of the fish and shrimp with blackening spice, sea salt, and black pepper. Ensure both sides have been evenly coated.
- 5. Spray the hot grill with extra virgin olive oil. Spray the fish and shrimp as well.
- 6. Place the fish on the grill at 2 o’clock position and cook 1-2 minutes. Use a spatula to rotate the fish to 10 o’clock position. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- 7. Flip the fish over carefully and repeat step 6.
- 8. After flipping the fish, place your shrimp on the grill. Grill each side for 1-2 minutes.
- 9. Place the lemon halves on the grill for 1-2 minutes until they have light caramelization.
- 10. Transfer the fish, shrimp, and grilled lemons to a serving platter.
- 11. Drizzle each fish fillet with 1 TBSP of citrus aioli. Plate each fish with a grilled lemon half and serve immediately.
Ingredients for Citrus Aioli:
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lime
Directions for Citrus Aioli:
- 1. Mince the garlic cloves.
- 2. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a small sauté pan until hot.
- 3. Sauté the garlic 30-60 seconds or until soft and translucent.
- 4. Allow the sautéed garlic to cool to room temperature.
- 5. Zest the orange and lime. Next, juice the orange and Lime.
- 6. Combine the cooled garlic, orange zest and juice, lime zest and juice, and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl.
- 7. Whisk well to fully combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Fresh Strawberry Rosé Martini
- 1 bottle your favorite Rosé
- 1 oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- ¾ oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ oz simple syrup
- 3 each Whole Strawberries
- 1-2 each Blackberries, as needed
- 2-3 each Raspberries, as needed
- * In a martini shaker, or pint glass, drop in 3 whole strawberries that are de-stemmed.
- * Add a blackberry or two for a darker, more savory flavor.
- * Add raspberries for a brighter, slightly sweeter martini.
- * Then add simple syrup to your pint glass.
- * Muddle your fresh fruit and simple syrup until puree-like.
- * Add ice to the top of your glass and top with Rose, St. Germain liqueur, fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- * Shake thoroughly until martini is icy cold.
- * Strain through a fine mesh strainer in to a martini glass.
- * Garnish with your fresh berries.
Wild Orchid Martini
- Tropical Flavored Rum 2 oz.
- Coconut Water .75 oz.
- Simple Syrup .50 oz.
- POM Wonderful .25 oz.
- Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice .50 oz.
- Pineapple Juice .75 oz.
* Combine all the ingredients and shake until chilled. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with an orchid for some tropical flair!