Healthy Kids: Summer Routines
- Camps – general, specialized and boarding.
- Home ‘camps’
- Try not to over-schedule.
- Free time, not screen time.
- Catch up on sleep – 10 hours/night
Free time, not screen time:
- Limit screen time to < 2 hours per day.
- Encourage exercise!
- Activities to go along with personality.
- Get creative!
Schedule for Children who stay at home:
- Create a loose routine.
- Focus on a favorite activity.
- Let friendships bloom.
- Visit the library.
- Scavenger hunts.
- Wake up at a reasonable hour
- Usual meals and snacks
- Outside time in the morning.
- Limit screen time.
- Get physical exercise
- Reading / craft time afternoon
- Bed at a reasonable hour
Let friendships bloom:
- Social relationships are important.
- Meet new friends
- Get together with school friends.
- Meet at the library or free event.
Resources for parents:
Do you see a typo or an error? Let us know.