Mr. Food: Homemade Biscuits and Gravy
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups pancake and baking mix
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted, plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16-ounce) package hot pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir baking mix, buttermilk, and the 1/2 stick melted butter until soft dough forms. Drop 8 equal spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt remaining butter; cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until browned. Add sausage and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains, stirring to crumble sausage. Add flour; mix well. Add Worcestershire sauce, milk, salt, and pepper; mix well. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until gravy thickens, stirring constantly.
- Cut biscuits in half and spoon sausage mixture evenly on bottom halves. Replace tops and serve.
Copyright 2022 Fort Myers Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior written consent.
Do you see a typo or an error? Let us know.