Mr. Food: Bistro pan-seared scallops
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound large fresh or frozen and thawed scallops, drained well
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon capers
What To Do:
- Sprinkle scallops evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; saute scallops 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until browned and firm in center. Remove to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; cook the onion, garlic, tomatoes, and remaining salt and pepper 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Stir in wine and capers and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through. Serve sauce over scallops.
Do you see a typo or an error? Let us know.