Healthy Kids: Snoring Concerns
Children and Snoring
- Many children snore occassionally.
- Persistent snoring is a problem.
- Sleep apnea is a concern.
- Leads to a reduced quality of life.
Effects of Snoring:
- Quality of sleep is affected
- Daytime sleepiness
- Poor concentration
- Learning difficulties
- Delayed growth
Results of the Study regarding Snoring:
- Medical help is sought in 1/3 cases.
- Prevalence: 5% of children between 1-11 yrs.
- Large tonsils or adenoids are most common cause.
- Can lead to trouble handling stress.
- Can also lead to trouble with schoolwork.
Effects of untreated sleep apnea in adults:
- High blood pressure
- Heart attack
- Irregular heartbeats