Mr. Food: Ultimate German Chocolate Cake
What You’ll Need:
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup canned chocolate frosting
What To Do:
- Bake cake according to package directions for 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. Let cool.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, and vanilla. Cook about 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Place one cake layer flat side down on a serving platter. Spread half the coconut mixture on top. Top with second cake layer and remaining coconut mixture.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave frosting 10 to 15 seconds, or until slightly thin. Drizzle over top and sides of cake. Store cake in refrigerator.
Do you see a typo or an error? Let us know.