Your Health Now: Cold and flu
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The feeling often begins with fatigue or fever. From fall until spring, colds and the flu cause more doctor visits and missed days from work and school than any other illness.
With proper precautions, and treatment, you can get back to feeling better more quickly, or avoid the conditions all together.
- Cold: Sore throat, runny nose, congestion
- Flu: Fever, headache, severe sore throat, congestion, severe muscle aches, cough
- Antibiotics do not help heal any virus
- Over-the-counter decongestants and analgesics can help with symptoms
- Grandma’s chicken soup
- Raw Honey
- Green Tea
- Maitake and shitake mushrooms
- Red Bell Peppers
- Chili Peppers
- Herbal remedies: UMCKA
- Maximize Vitamin D level
- Good hand washing and avoiding direct contact
- Flu vaccine
For more information or to schedule an appointment call 239-495-4490.