Naples neighbors say decomposing body left in apartment
NAPLES Fla.- A Naples woman who used to work as a nurse said she suspected a foul odor coming from her ceiling might possible be a dead mouse.
After several weeks during which she spent $800 on cleaning supplies, Cathe Koch told WINK News that the smell only became worse. Koch said her apartment management eventually called her into their leasing office and asked her when was the last time she’d seen her upstairs neighbor.
As it turned out, the upstairs neighbor had died. “He died quite some time ago,” is how Koch described the Oasis Apartment’s characterization of just when Koch’s upstairs neighbor had died. She said managment gave her a candle to burn.
Koch said Oasis Apartments refused to reimburse her for cleaning supplies. She also said they offered her a different apartment but at a cost of $300 more in rent each month.
Koch told WINK News she feels her apartment’s management has made her feel “hopeless” and “forced into a corner with no options.”
We emailed and called the Oasis Apartments in Naples off of Airport Pulling road but they have neither returned phone calls nor replied to our email.