FORT MYERS, Fla. -- It's Wednesday and that means it's time to fire up the WINK Kitchen. Here today showing us how to make broiled salmon is Jose Gonzales from Fleming's Prime Steakhouse in Naples.
Fleming's is also running a special Father's Day promotion. The restaurant will give anyone who makes a reservation for Father's Day on their web site a $25 gift card, to use a later date.
Braised Mushroom Prep
Minced garlic 1 1/2 Tbsp.
Garlic pepper spice 1 Tbsp.
Balsamic vinegar 3/4 cup
Extra virgin olive oil 3 oz.
Black pepper, café grind 1 tsp.
Portobello, mushrooms (1/4” wide slices) 3/4 lbs.
Shiitake, mushrooms (1/4” thick slices) 3/4 lbs.
Button, mushrooms 1/2 lb.
Butter, lightly salted 3 oz. (wt.)
Red pepper julienne (1/4” wide x 3” long julienne) 3 oz. (wt.)
Red onion rings (1/4” wide julienne) 2 oz. (wt.)
Jicama (1/8” wide x 3” long julienne) 3 oz. (wt.)
Green onions (1/2” long x1/4 wide bias) 2 oz. (wt.)
1. Combine minced garlic, garlic pepper spice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce and black pepper in a large mixing bowl and toss well.
2. Remove stems from Portobello’s then remove the ribs with a spoon. Slice the mushroom into 1/4" wide slices, place in the mixing bowl.
3. Cut the stems off Shiitakes and cut into 1/4” wide slices. Add to the mixing bowl. Cut the button mushrooms into 1/4” thick slices, add to the mixing bowl.
4. Melt the butter then add to the mixing bowl and toss all ingredients well.
5. Place in a 2” full hotel pan then roast in a 375-degree convection oven set on high fan for 10 minutes. Add the 1/4” wide x 3” long julienne red peppers and 1/4" wide julienne red onion, stir together and continue to roast for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and toss with the 1/8” wide x 3” long julienne jicama and 1/2" long x 1/4" wide bias cut green onions. Cool to 70 degrees within 2 hours and 40 degrees within 4 hours.
6. Cover, label, date and refrigerate
BBQ Scottish Salmon W/ Braised Mushroom
Yield: 1 order
2-4 oz. (wt.) Salmon
1/4-1/2 tsp. Salt & pepper blend (recipe broil prep pg. 4)
As needed Pan coating
4 tsp. BBQ glaze, room temp. (recipe broil sauce pg. 17)
3 oz. (wt.) Braised mushroom prep (recipe broil prep pg. 6)
1/2 tsp. Cilantro oil (recipe broil sauce pg. 16)
1. Cut the salmon on a bias then season the top with the pepper. Spray the top with pan coating then sear seasoned side down on top of the sautee pan for 1 1/2-2
2. Place the salmon on a metal plate sprayed with pan coating then spread 1 tsp. of room temperature BBQ glaze over each piece of salmon then bake in a 400 degree oven set on high fan for 10-12 minutes.