|Published:||Feb 12, 2014 8:39 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 12, 2014 8:39 AM EST|
WINK News This Morning loves to fire up the WINK News kitchen.
Wednesday, Jose Gonazles with Fleming's Prime Steakhouse in Naples joined the show to show us how to make seared scallops.
4 ea Scallops
2 tbsp Scallop Seasoning
2 oz Scallop Vegetables
1 tsp Chopped Parsley, dry
1. Remove the side muscle from each scallop, place in a bowl and then toss
seasoning to coat evenly. Marinade for 4-48 hours prior to cooking.
2. Sear the scallops in a sauté pan for 2-3 minutes on each side.
3. Place seared scallops on a warm plate with scallop vegetables on side.
4. Garnish the scallops and plate with chopped parsley.
½ ea Shallot, minced
1 ea Garlic Clove, minced
½ oz Rosemary, minced
1 tsp Chipotle Powder
2 tsp Black Pepper, café grind
2 tsp Lemon Zest
2 tsp Pomace Oil
1. Mince shallot, garlic and rosemary leaves and place in a small mixing bowl.
Add chipotle powder, black pepper, lemon zest, pomace oil and mix well.
Place into a container.
2. Cover, label, date and refrigerate.
Serves 7 Orders & 14 Orders
7 Orders 14 Orders
4 ½ oz 9 oz Baby carrots, quartered
6 oz 12 oz Green beans, trimmed
3 ½ oz 7 oz Asparagus 4” length
½ cup 1 cup Lemon balsamic vinaigrette
½ oz. 1 oz Red onion juilienne 1/8” x 2”
2 oz 4 oz Kalamata olive, pitted, rough chop
28 halves 56 halves Grape tomatoes, halved
½ tsp. ½ tsp. Salt & pepper blend
1. Remove stem on carrots then cut lengthwise into quarters, reserve. Trim
stem end on green beans if needed, reserve, cut asparagus spears to 4”
2. Place carrots and green beans in a perforated pan and steam for 2 minutes.
Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute.
3. Place cooked vegetables in a mixing bowl with the lemon balsamic
4. Cut the red onion into 1/8” wide x 2” long julienne add to the bowl with ¼”
rough chopped kalamata olives, halved tomatoes, salt and pepper, toss well.
Place into a container then cool to 70 degrees within 2 hours and 40 degrees
within 4 hours.
5. Cover, label, date and refrigerate
Kill Date: 4 days