1 ea. Brie cheese, 4.2 oz.
1 sec. Pan coating
1.2 oz. Spring mix lettuce
1/2 tsp. Lemon balsamic vinaigrette
6 slices Gala apple slices (1/8" thick)
7-8 pieces Candied walnuts
1. Place the brie cheese on a metal plate sprayed with a pan coating, then bake in a 400 degree double convection oven set on high fan for 9-10 minutes. When done, it should be golden brown and soft in the center.
2. Place the cheese on the left side of a small room temperature oval plate. Toss the spring mix lettuce in a mixing bowl with the lemon balsamic vinaigrette and fan out on the right side of the plate.
3. Cut the apple with skin and no core lengthwise on a mandolin into 1/8" thick slices and fan out over the spring mix.
4. Place the candied walnut pieces on the top center of the puff pastry.
5. Serve with a butter knife placed under the pastry.
NOTE: After cutting apples, soak in lemon water (1 tbsp. Lemon juice per cup of water) for 10 minutes. Drain well and use for up to 3 hours. Do not soak in lemon water all night long.
4 lbs. Gala apples, peeled & diced (1/4" diced)
1 oz. Jalapenos, seeded & minced
1/4 lb. Golden raisins/craisins
1-1/2 cups Honey
3/4 cup Rice wine vinegar
2 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
4 tsp. Ultra spurce
1. Peel and core apples, then cut into a 1/4" dice. Place into a small sauce pot with seeded and minced jalapeno, raisins, honey, vinegar, ginger, and cinnamon. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until the apples are soft and the liquid is reduced to a syrup consistency about 10-12 minutes.
2. Pull from the heat and stir in the ultra spurce to thicken the sauce.
3. Cover, label, date, and refrigerate.