|Published:||Jul 11, 2012 7:38 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 11, 2012 8:57 AM EDT|
Taekwondo United in South Fort Myers is training kids to be ninjas this summer! The summer camps offer kids the opportunity to engage in traditional Taekwondo, create their own artwork, and enjoy field trips too.
Kids can come for a day, a week, or for the remaining weeks of the summer. Master Geoff Rackebrandt says the camps along with other programs through the school teach students the principles of courtesy, integrity, self control. perseverance, indomitable spirit, and humility. During the camps, students also learn etiquette, discipline, and creativity.
Taekwondo United opened at Island Park Rd. and U.S. 41 in 2005 and offers martial arts classes for all ages, after school programs for kids, and fields a sparring team that recently picked up gold, silver, and bronze medals at the national competitions.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Suspects in Soldier Killing Par of Prior Investigation
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal
- Holiday Scramble for Wounded Warrior Project
- Dr. Mackoul discusses childhood feeding practices
- Eddie Ifft is at Off the Hook this weekend