|Published:||Mar 14, 2012 2:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 14, 2012 3:32 PM EDT|
4.2 oz Brie Cheese
4 1/2 inch Puff pastry
1/2 oz. Spring Mix Lettuce
6 Gala apple slices
7-9 pices Candied walnuts
2lbs Gala Apples, diced
1/2oz. Minced Jalapenos
2oz. Golden Raisins
3 oz. Rice Wine Vinegar
1tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/4tsp. Ground Ginger
2tsp. Ultra Spurce
For the Chutney:
1. Peel and core apples then dice. Place in small sauce pot with jalapenos, raisins, honey, vinegar, ginger and cinnamon. Bring to a low boil, then simmer and cook until apples are soft and the liquid is rediced to a syrup (about 10-12 minutes)
2. Pull from the heat and stir in ultra spurce to thicken the sauce, refrigerate.
For the Brie:
1. Cut the puff pastry into a circle then roll out into a 6" circle. Cut 7 sections out of the brie. Cut the top rind off of each wheel and place cut side down on the chutney. Wrap the remaining dough around the bottom and sides of cheese. (The pastry should not cover all of the cheese on the bottom.)
2. Bake in the oven at 400 for about 9 to 10 minutes, until golden brown, and soft in the middle.
3. Place candied walnut pieces on the top of the puff pastry, serve with apples.