FORT MYERS, Fla. It's Wednesday and that means it's time to fire up the WINK kitchen.
Here today showing us how to make spiedino di mare is Clint Woods from Carrabba's Italian Grill.
large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
large sea scallops
fresh squeezed lemon juice
seasoned toasted breadcrumbs
Extra Virgin olive oil
1. Mix 1 cup of seasoned toasted breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
The breading should be moist but not wet.
1. Sautee garlic and onion in olive oil until soft.
2. Add lemon juice and white wine.
3. Season lightly with salt and white pepper.
4. Reduce the liquids down by 90% until it is oatmeal like in consistency. Allow to cool.
5. Cube butter into small pieces.
6. Return the pan to very low heat and fold in the butter slowly with a wire whip. Be
careful not to let the butter get too hot or too cold or the sauce will separate.
1. Lightly season the shrimp and scallops with salt and pepper. Brush lightly with olive oil
and toss in the breading to coat.
2. Alternate shrimp and scallops on a skewer and grill over medium heat until cooked
throughout (approx eight (8) minutes)
3. Top the cooked Spiedino with Lemon Butter
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ tablespoon Garlic (Minced By Hand)
½ tablespoon Yellow Onion (Minced By Hand)
1 ½ teaspoon Red Bell Peppers (Julienne Cut 1"X 1/16")
4 cups Broccoli Florets (1" X 1")
pinch Kosher Salt
pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Cook broccoli in salted, boiling water until slightly soft (approx 3-4 minutes). Drain well.
2. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil, garlic, onion, and red bell peppers over a medium heat until soft.
3. Place broccoli in the sauté pan, add kosher salt & black pepper, and sauté for a few minutes. Serve.