It's wednesday and here on 6TV it means only one thing!
Here today to show us how to make -berry stuffed french toast is Dave Gossett from Fleming's prime steakhouse in Naples.
Ingredients: for 10 orders
2 Brioche loaf
5oz. blueberries (thawed)
1 1/2 lbs cream cheese (room temperature)
2 1/2 oz. powered sugar
1cup clarified butter---to clarify place in container and microwave until separated, skim off the top foam and discard
1 recipe custard recipe
1qt. heavy cream
2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Cut the loaf to 10" by trimming off the ends then cut the remaining loaf into 2" wide slices. Stand the slices of bread up then with a boning knife cut a 3" wide incision from the top down into the center of each piece making a pocket that is 1/4"-1/2" in the edges, reserve.
2. Combine thawed blueberries, room temperature cream cheese and powdered sugar in the food processor pulse until smooth.
3. Place the cream cheese filling in a pastry bag with a plain tip. Fill each pocket with 2 1/2 to 3oz of filling. Place on a sheet pan.
4. Place clarified butter in a large flat pan set on medium high heat.
5. Dip stuffed French Toast into the custard caoting both sides for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess custard then place into the hot pan and cook 2-3 minutes on each side to a golden brown. Place on a paper lined sheet pan.