It's Wednesday and here on 6 TV it means only one thing!
Here today to show us how to Carrabba's Beef Brasato is Eric Yeagle.
Boneless Short Ribs
As Needed Flour
Vegetable Oil (Enough to cover the bottom of the braising pan)
Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled and finely chopped)
Carrots (Peeled and finely chopped)
Celery (Finely chopped)
Garlic (Finely chopped)
Fresh Lemon Zest
Prepared Chicken Stock
Fresh Thyme (Leaves only, finely chopped)
Fresh Basil (Leaves only, finely chopped)
Fresh Italian Parsley (Leaves only, finely chopped)
Fresh Rosemary (Leaves only, finely chopped)
Sweet Marjoram (Dry leaves)
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Chopped Tomatoes (With juices)
As desired Cooked Risotto
2. Place butter in pan and begin to melt. Sauté onion, carrot and celery until soft. Add the
chopped garlic and lemon zest. Sauté a few minutes. Remove from heat and spread the
cooked vegetable mixture along the bottom of a roasting pan.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large sauté pan over med high heat. Season both sides of each short
rib with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Then flour each short rib on both
sides but not on the edges, and place in the oil immediately. Brown on both sides about
3 to 4 min.
4. Place each browned short rib on top of the vegetables in the pan.
5. After all the ribs have been browned and removed from the pan, drain off most of the fat and
oil. Add the red wine and boil briskly for 3 to 5 minutes, scraping up and loosening any
browning residue stuck to the pan.
6. In the same pan, add the chicken broth, the chopped tomatoes with their juices, the herbs,
freshly ground black pepper, and kosher salt. Bring to a simmer then pour into the pan
over the short ribs. The broth should cover 3/4 of the way up the pieces.
7. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Place in the oven and bake for about
8. When short ribs are cooked, remove them from the pan and place them in a separate pan
to cool. Place the gravy in a pot and reduce to desired consistency. Keep reducing the
sauce until it is thick and rich.
9. Place cooked risotto on a plate in a mound. Place one braised short rib on top of the risotto
and spoon some of the gravy over it. Garnish with parsley.