|Published:||Aug 04, 2010 1:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2010 8:34 AM EDT|
Crab Cake Mix Ingredients:
1 lb pasteurized lump blue crab meat
1 bunch scallion "green onions" thin sliced
1 tsp whole grained mustard
1 tbs real mayonnaise
TT Togarashi spice or fresh cracked black pepper
1 tsp Japanese Yuzu juice or lemon juice
1/2 cup Panko "Japanese bread crumbs"
2 cups Panko "Japanese bread crumbs"
1/4 cup Vegetable oil
1 cup real mayonnaise
2 tsp curry powder
2 tbs Siriracha chili sauce
1 oz lemon juice
Method of Preparation:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Crab mix - place all ingredients into medium size mixing bowl and gently try to keep crab lump intact
3. Mold the crab cake using your hands or a pastry ring mold
4. Roll the crab cakes and coat them in the extra 2 cups of panko
5. Place all sauce ingredients into a small mixing bowl and mix. You can leave out sriracha or use less to make the sauce less spicy
6. Place a medium size fry pan on medium heat, pour the oil in the pan, once oil is hot sear the crab cakes. NotE: You do not want the oil too hot or the crab cake will burn.
7. Plate and serve