|Published:||Jul 29, 2010 9:54 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 29, 2010 6:45 AM EDT|
Mongolian Beef - Recipe courtesy of P.F. Chang's Restaurant
12 oz. sliced beef tenderloin
1 Tb. soy bean oil
1/2 tsp garlic
2 fl oz. soy sauce
1 tb sugar
1 tsp rice wine
2 oz green onion sticks- 3" long green only!
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1. Heat oil in a sauté pan. Add the beef and cook for 30-60 seconds or until cooked.
Beef should be lightly browned around the edges and gray throughout the rest of the surface.
2. Add your garlic and toss.
3. Add the, rice wine and sugar. Bring to a boil.
4. Cook and reduce the sauce around the beef until all sauce has caramelized onto the beef.
The wok should be "dry" (no flowing sauce) before proceeding onto the next step.
5. Add the Scallion Sticks and toss to incorporate into the beef. A few tosses are all that are needed; do not wilt the scallions!
6. Finish with Sesame Oil.
7. Place on a plate and enjoy!