|Published:||Jan 15, 2014 2:14 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 15, 2014 2:14 PM EST|
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Video from a firefighter's helmet camera following the crash landing of an Asiana Airlines flight in San Francisco shows rescuers were aware there was someone on the ground outside the plane, before she was fatally run over by a fire truck.
CBS affiliate KPIX-TV first aired parts of the footage Tuesday night.
In the video, a firefighter with a helmet camera tells the driver of a fire truck that there's a person in front of him. A fire truck-mounted camera shows a firefighter directing the truck away from 16-year-old Ye Meng Yuan.
The San Francisco Chronicle first reported on the video's content.
KPIX reports the video was obtained from a person close to the girl's family.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Europe wants its Parmesan back, seeks name change
- Muslim group: 3 Russians unlawfully kept out of US
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Skydiving association: 1st-time jumpers must be 18
- Steady health care sign-ups may miss goal