|Published:||Nov 04, 2013 7:54 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 04, 2013 7:55 AM EST|
BOSTON (AP) - Some famous Boston beards will be falling victim to the razor on Monday.
Red Sox players David Ortiz and Shane Victorino will shave in a promotion at Gillette headquarters in Boston.
Joining them will be city policeman Steve Horgan, who was stationed in the Red Sox bullpen at Fenway Park. He became a fixture in Beantown after he was photographed with his arms in the air celebrating Ortiz's grand slam in the AL championship series against Detroit.
A fan chosen by social media also will take part in the shave-off.
The Red Sox players' beards became a symbol of their solidarity as they went from worst in the AL East last year to first this year by winning the team's third World Series title in a decade.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Europe wants its Parmesan back, seeks name change
- Muslim group: 3 Russians unlawfully kept out of US
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Skydiving association: 1st-time jumpers must be 18
- Steady health care sign-ups may miss goal