|Published:||Oct 29, 2013 8:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 29, 2013 8:02 AM EDT|
TERRELL, Texas (AP) - Police say five people have been killed in a Dallas-area city and a suspect has been arrested.
Terrell (TEHR'-ehl) police Chief Jody Lay says a 36-year-old man was arrested early Tuesday after police chased him into some woods.
Lay didn't specify charges against the suspect or speculate on a motive in the killings.
Police say a woman was found fatally shot Monday afternoon at a house in Terrell, about 30 miles east of Dallas. The body of another woman was found in a burning home nearby. Lay says a man and a woman were found shot to death Monday night at a third residence, and a male clerk was killed at a convenience store.
Police caught the suspect after he stole and wrecked a car, then ran into the woods.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- More snow forecast for DC area and Appalachians
- Obama in South Africa for Mandela memorial service
- NTSB hearing on SF airliner crash postponed
- Race against clock, cold in search for Nevadans
- 1 year after Newtown, Biden to boost mental health
- Texas woman to admit to sending ricin to Obama
- Democrats using new power to tilt appeals court
- US skeptical NKorea moves will ease nuke tensions
- \'Super grannies\' defy stereotypes
- Betting big on maglev trains