|Published:||Oct 27, 2013 10:30 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 27, 2013 10:31 AM EDT|
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) - Indiana University officials say two students have been charged in connection with a stabbing that injured another student at a campus apartment building.
University spokesman Mark Land said Sunday campus police arrested 21-year-old Kaiyu Lao and 18-year-old Zesen Shen at the Tulip Tree Apartments in Bloomington.
Land said campus police charged Shen with intimidation and battery and Lao with intimidation.
Police say a 20-year-old male student was stabbed in the apartment's parking lot during a fight that began at about 3:30 a.m. Land said the student was taken to IU Health and the injury wasn't life-threatening.
The incident prompted university officials earlier Sunday to tell students to seek shelter behind locked doors. The school tweeted an "all clear" around 7 a.m. CDT.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Newlywed pleads guilty to second-degree murder
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Ryan: Budget deal moves US in 'right direction'
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- FCC chairman: Calls on planes up to each airline
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right