|Published:||Oct 25, 2013 6:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 25, 2013 6:13 PM EDT|
WASHINGTON (AP) - Ghosts, goblins and other scary characters have been invited to trick or treat at the White House on Halloween.
The White House says President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama will welcome local children and those from military families at the south side of the mansion on Thursday.
Obama has opened the White House to trick-or-treaters during all but one of his nearly five years in office.
The White House canceled the festivities last year after Superstorm Sandy devastated much of the East Coast two days before Halloween.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Europe wants its Parmesan back, seeks name change
- Muslim group: 3 Russians unlawfully kept out of US
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Skydiving association: 1st-time jumpers must be 18
- Steady health care sign-ups may miss goal