|Published:||Oct 22, 2013 11:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2013 11:13 PM EDT|
BOSTON (AP) - Prosecutors in the case against Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev say a man shot to death during questioning by an agent in Florida told investigators that Tsarnaev's slain older brother had been involved in a triple homicide.
The alleged involvement of Tamerlan Tsarnaev in the killing in Waltham was disclosed in a government court filing made Monday.
The document says Ibragim Todashev told investigators Tamerlan Tsarnaev participated in the killings. The filing is part of prosecutors' attempt to block Dzhokhar Tsarnaev from getting investigative documents associated with the Sept. 2011 deaths.
Authorities previously said they were investigating possible links between the bombing and the slaying case.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev died following a shootout with police four days after the April 15 twin explosions killed three people and injured more than 260.
- NY college students charged after dog's beer photo
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Muslim group: 3 Russians unlawfully kept out of US
- Europe wants its Parmesan back, seeks name change
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Skydiving association: 1st-time jumpers must be 18
- Steady health care sign-ups may miss goal