|Published:||Sep 17, 2013 9:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 17, 2013 9:17 AM EDT|
HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) - A sister of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects has appeared in a New Jersey courtroom on marijuana possession and distribution charges.
Bella Tsarnaeva's (tsahr-NEYE'-eh-vuhz) criminal record likely will be cleared.
The Record newspaper reports that Bergen County prosecutors have said they'll admit her into a pretrial intervention program. But the case was adjourned Monday while lawyers continue to work out a plea deal for her boyfriend.
Police responding to a domestic violence call in December searched the couple's Fairview home after officers said they smelled marijuana.
Tsarnaeva's brother Dzhokhar (joh-HAHR') is charged with carrying out the April 15 attacks in Boston with his older brother, who died in a police shootout.
The sister has never been implicated in the Boston attacks.
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Flight diverted with landing gear light on
- Officials: 1 dead, 2 missing from migrants' raft
- Elian Gonzalez makes 1st trip abroad since 2000
- '127 Hours' figure arrested on assault charges
- Government sells remaining stake in GM
- Ex-San Diego mayor to be sentenced for harassment
- Attorney confirms Wis. snuggle business has closed
- Jury selected in Montana newlywed killing case
- Congress renews undetectable gun ban for decade