|Published:||Sep 16, 2013 10:48 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 16, 2013 10:48 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Living in the U.S.? Got all your documents in order? Then apply for citizenship already.
That's the message of a new campaign from the "Ya es Hora" coalition (The Time is Now). The coalition, which includes Univision Communications Inc. and the National Council of La Raza, is rolling out the campaign just in time for Tuesday's National Citizenship Day.
The "Ya es Hora" coalition has pushed to register Latino voters for half a decade. It was born in response to the 2006 immigration rights marches. Organizers hope to motivate the country's millions of eligible permanent Latino residents to take the final step toward citizenship. They are particularly focused on ensuring seniors can make it through the process.
Those interested can call the coalition's hotline: 1-888-839-8682 or go to Facebook.com/yaeshoracampaign.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- House Republicans get behind budget agreement
- Ryan: Budget deal moves US in 'right direction'
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- FCC chairman: Calls on planes up to each airline
- Kerry back to Mideast to push peace talks